My Photo
Name:
Location: South Jordan, Utah, United States

I am a stay at home mom and I love it!

Monday, December 05, 2005

I am a Proud Mom!

On Friday, Dave and I had the opportunity to cheer on our children as they were awarded "Principal Pride" awards. Jeremy was awarded for his outstanding "Turkey Art". Jeremy had made a Turkey using different colors, shapes and designs to make his Turkey, which he took quite some time on it and it looked great! He has always had artistic ability and in this art project it truly showed. Way to go Jeremy! Jordyn was awarded for "Things that she was thankful for." Jordyn wrote down some of the things she was thankful for which included her family, her parents helping her with her math and spelling each night and teaching her about her mistakes so that she could learn from them. Also, she was thankful that she was learning new things every day. Most kids in her class said they were thankful for their family, homes, animals and toys. The obvious things, but Jordyn really took her time and thought about what she was truly grateful for. I would recognize her too for her what she was thankful for. Way to go Jordyn!

Also, on Friday was Parent Teacher Conferences and we were informed that both of our kids made HONOR ROLL! Jeremy has made honor roll every quarter since 2nd grade and this is Jordyn's first time making it, since they start doing honor roll in 2nd grade. Also, Jordyn was the only kid in her class to make honor roll. Man, I have smart children. They must take after their intelligent father. Of course, you have to have fantastic grades to make honor roll and my kids did just that. Jeremy received the equivalent of all "A's" and 1 "B". He received the equivalent of all "Honors". They do the grading a lot different from when we were kids so that is why I said equivalent to.... Jordyn received the equivalent of all "A's" and the equivalent to all "Honors", and 1 "Satisfactory". She knew immediately what the satisfactory was for: her talking to peers while doing her work, even though she always gets her work done.

Also, both of their teachers said to me on Friday, that my kids were brilliant and there really wasn't much more to say about them. I just love to hear people tell me great things about my kids, because it makes me feel that I may be doing something right with them.

1 Comments:

Blogger bettyrae said...

And I am a proud Grandma! Great job Jeremy and Jordyn. I love you both.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home