My Photo
Name:
Location: South Jordan, Utah, United States

I am a stay at home mom and I love it!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Driver's License

As most of you know, I remember dates that happened in my life, so I am going to touch on one today. It was 16 years ago today that I got my driver's license. I have been officially driving half of my life as of today. I wonder, do I get a discount now that I will be driving more than half my age? Probably not, since Dave and I already have the highest discount that is offered through State Farm. Oh well, just a thought.

Another important thing happened on this day 16 years ago. I had Shopko training up at Westminister College and I got to drive my new 1983 Red Mustang. My friend Tyla and I went up there together. It was so nice to not have our parents have to take us up there. Freedom at last!

Also, who would have thought that by working there and becoming great friends with Dave that we would eventually start dating and then married. Yes, Dave and I have known each other for more than half of our lives. Those were great times, but personally I love this time of my life even better!

2 Comments:

Blogger failproof said...

I had totally forgotten that it was August 16th that that all happened. Wow!
Shopko seems like a lifetime ago. It's a good thing that Marshall and I followed you to lunch break that April Fools day just a short half year later. (good for me anyway!)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Sarebear said...

And Elvis died! Elvis has left the planet . . .

I shoulda put the young Elvis as today's actor crush of the day. Maybe tomorrow. I should be able to find an Elivis movie playing somewhere on a channel the next day or two.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home