My Photo
Name:
Location: South Jordan, Utah, United States

I am a stay at home mom and I love it!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Camping at Mt. Pleasant

Last Friday, Dave and I took the kids to Mt. Pleasant for a camping trip before they head back to school next week. You couldn't ask for a better weekend. We had fun playing games, reading Harry Potter and scriptures, swimming and relaxing. The kids even had the opportunity to decorate a sun visor in the game room. Jordyn had a "bug" theme on her visor and Jeremy had a "sport"theme. They seemed to enjoy this craft. We also introduced the kids to BLT (bacon, lettuce, & tomato) sandwiches. They loved them! I believe we had them for two lunch meals. We also had fun creating a delicious new dessert that might become one of our favorites when we go camping. It had a homemade graham cracker crust and then bananas on top of it. (we cut them into smaller pieces) We then place melted marshmellows over the bananas and finished it off with melted chocolate. It was heavenly! Well, this is just a glimpse of our camping weekend. Oh, I almost forgot, when we were packing up to leave, it was threatening to rain, which seems to always happen to us whenever we go camping, but we got done just in time because the rain came when we got into our Jimmy. Well, while we were packing up to leave, this older "retired" guy came over to introduce himself, but also to congratulate Dave and I on our parenting. He said he didn't even know we had kids or a dog because they were so well behaved. Wow! What a compliment! At times, you wonder if you are doing any good with your children, but when a complete stranger compliments you and your husband on your parenting skills, it makes you stop and think that you might just be doing something right.

Well, now that the camping trip is over and all the unpacking is done, the laundry needs to be done. Of course, I woke up with one of my migraines again this morning, so now my laundry is behind schedule. I hate when that happens! Of all days, I didn't want to be behind with the laundry because I have a Stampin' Up party to go to tonight. I have been wanting to see their new products for some time and if the laundry isn't done, I will feel obligated to stay home and get it done. I hate to leave laundry undone and I even hate it more to ask my hubby to do it after a long day at work. So, I guess we will see what happens. I hope all of you have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarebear said...

Ooooo yummy. That dessert you guys invented sounds yummy and like the perfect camping desert! I'm going to have to try that, although I am on a banana kick lately, heck, I'm eating a DQ Banana Cream Pie Blizzard as we speak!

Lemme know if you see any dolphins or neat fonts at the SU party!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Oh man, that dessert DOES sound good! I'm glad you had a good time. Our camping days are over until the kids are at least 4, I think. Camping with a toddler who just wants to run away is NO FUN.

I say SCREW THE LAUNDRY! Go to the party and have fun. The laundry can wait.

5:31 PM  
Blogger failproof said...

I posted some of my own comments about the trip here. I tried hard to get out of work early enough to let you go to the party. I'm glad you got to go! And thanks for doing all our laundry too!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home