My Photo
Name:
Location: South Jordan, Utah, United States

I am a stay at home mom and I love it!

Monday, August 15, 2005

Back to School

Today I am having mixed feelings. I have sent my kids back to school. After a long summer, I am ready for them to be in school, but then again, I miss having them with me. When they are at home with me, I know they are safe and sound and being subjected to my values and teachings, but when I send them off to school, I have to trust that they are safe and that no one is warping their minds with different values and teachings. I guess that is where faith comes into our lives and a lot of prayers. One piece of mind that I have every year is that my wonderful husband gives the kids "father blessings" at the beginning of each school year. This helps them, but it also helps my anxiety about letting them go into this big world without me and Dave.

I would not be human if I didn't say that I enjoy them at school too. A quiet house. Time for myself again. Time to do things without having kids with me. When my kids are in shcool that is my time, but as soon as 3:30 comes around, I devote all my time and attention to their needs and wants. It's their time for mom. Of course from 3:30 to bedtime, our lives are hectic with tons of different things going on, but at least my kids know that it is their time with their mom. I love my kids so very much and grateful that Heavenly Father sent them to me. They are my whole world and I honestly do not know what I would do without them or Dave.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

You are such a good mom. I'll say it again.

Yay for school, though! Let's seriously plan a day at the library. I'll get someone for Aiden, and we can make a day of it. Even go to the JB's on the corner for a nice lunch (though we might not want to take that long of a lunch break!). We can make it a total Girls' Day Out and see if Jana and Sara want to come.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thanks Beck! I can't tell you how much I want to got to the Library again. Even if Jana and Sara do not want to go, I don't want it to stop us from going. I have so many things I want to look up that it will probably take me several trips to do it all. If you can pull me away from the Library, JB's sounds wonderful. Do you have a free day next week? Do you think mom will be up to going? I think she would be disappointed if we went without her. Well, let me know your thoughts.

10:46 AM  
Blogger failproof said...

Maybe I'll even be able to work from home soon so that these kind of trips can last longer because I'll be home when the kids get home or I'll be able to go get them. :)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sarebear said...

Sure! I'm up for it. I have no idea where to start, though. Plus my Mom has done so much Geaneology, and they are even on a mission in Provo (living at the home they bought in Payson) teaching Family History missionaries, and the public too sometimes, about geaneology.

Seems like everything has been done to the umpteenth degree, but I'll ask her where things are at, and maybe learn about about how to research by researching some stuff that's already been done, to get the hang of it, or something.

I dunno, what do you recommend? And of course I can always research Scott's side too.

Elder Featherstone once told my mother, that when you marry, his lines become yours, and your lines become his. So I consider the Fail and Powell lines just as much mine as the Parry and Kirby lines.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home